[aur-general] AUR milestone passed

Kristoffer Fossgård kfs1 at online.no
Fri Nov 7 05:49:31 EST 2008

>On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 21:49:44 -0800, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
>wrote:
>
>> We have just passed 10,000 packages in the AUR (unsupported part).
>>
>> Allan
>>

>how many from them you can trust and use?

I would say I trusted them all. Have there been even ONE example of
intently malicious behaviour? Maybe this is hard to know.. Another
thing is pkgs which cause damage because of user error. I don't think
that is many packages.

Even so, it's not like any of the packagebuild files are a very closed
format... I DO check packagebuild files for errors that could creep up
and you can check them for that in a couple of seconds..

-K