[aur-general] Fwd: Stolen material

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:41:11 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Phil Dillon-Thiselton
>> I'm well confused here.  We haven't "taken" anything at all, we've
>> provided a link to the software. I think he thinks the tarball in that
>> AUR is the source, which it isn't.  I think you should ask exactly
>> what he thinks we have stolen.
>>

> To be clear, I've responded to the guy, but never got anything back. I
> simply asked for proof of the copyright ownership.

Sounds adequate to me...and I agree with Phil, we haven't provided any
software therefore I see no possibility of infringement even they do
have proof of ownership.  If the package were in core/extra/community
then we may have a problem, but I will forever defend our right to
provide a PKGBUILD regardless of license.