[aur-general] Courtesy when moving packages to community

Alessio Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:40:11 EST 2008

On Mon 2008-11-10 07:07, w9ya wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Hi TUs,
> >
> > Following this post on the forums (
> > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=447186), I would like to remind
> > people that it is good etiquette to let the maintainer of a package in the
> > AUR know when you are moving their package to [community].  Either a direct
> > email, or a nice thank you for their work as an AUR comment.
>
> OR..... Be polite and ASK them if it is alright to do so.

IMHO there is no need to *ask* users the permission to move a package in
[community]; users already know "their" packages can be moved in
an official repo, it seems to me only a waste of time (but I agree is a
good etiquette to notify the user).

Moreover, I wonder what would you do if a user denied the permission to
move a package in an official repo...

P.s.
Please don't top-post

--