[aur-general] Packages in Community and votes.

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:21:20 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:31 AM, w9ya <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
> 1 - I maintain an offshoot version of archlinux, derived from faunos, called
> "shackstick". It is used and is becoming quite popular amongst the ham radio
> community. It is packaged as a whole and the user does NOT download packages
> or even is part of the arch linux community, so NO votes are taken. Yet it
> uses over 25 of my packages that would seem to otherwise be without votes.

Just to point out a flaw here. Users of these packages are not
ArchLinux users. They are shackstick users. So votes don't make sense
for ArchLinux. These packages would not make sense in an ArchLinux
repo, on an ArchLinux server, for use by 1 or 2 ArchLinux users, and a
few hundred users of another distribution. So, in the case you have
outlined, the voting is working perfectly as intended.