[aur-general] Eclipse plugin packaging standardization proposal

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:53:13 EST 2008

Hi all.

Maintaining a few Eclipse plugins in [community] I stumbled in a lot
of difficulties while packaging them. I then decided to create a
PKGBUILD prototype for these package and propose it as a packaging
standard. I'd like to have some input from the community, TUs and devs
about this. If the response is positive I'll wikify the whole thing
and make it available to everyone.
You can find the prototype here[1], along with the explanation of how
it works and why.

Thanks,
Corrado

[1] http://blog.bardland.org/2008/11/20/arch-linux-eclipse-plug-in-packaging-a-proposal/