[aur-general] amarok2 beta packages doubles

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:37:12 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Christian Scharkus
<mail.sensenmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just looked for some package containing the latest beta of the amarok
> music player but there are two packages containing beta3 (amarok2 and
> amarok-beta3).
> May the question is childish but: why two packages with the very same
> content? It just puzzles beginners. Ofcause for archivement are packages
> like amarok-beta2 and amarok-beta3 useful but only few users use old
> beta-software and it messes arround in AUR in my eyes.
>
> Greetings
> Raubkopierer

I'm not sure which one to delete, I dislike both namings. IMO a name
like amarok-unstable or amarok-devel would fit it better. At least the
beta3 name is plain stupid as there is also a beta2 etc...
I'll see if I can contact both maintainers this evening and remove the
old packages sometime after that.

Ronald