[aur-general] TU Meeting

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:44:33 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 07:36:19PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>  The minimum of three votes is clearly flawed if you look at the pkgstats
>  usage and compare the number of votes.  In fact, I linked to another plot
>  which clearly shows this.  The number 20 was a guideline that was around
>  when I first joined as a TU and if you look at the pkgstats results and try
>  separating packages with more or less that 1% usage, the optimal number of
>  votes arrives very near to 20 so I stuck with it.

My point in a three vote minimum was to prevent blatant exploitation of
[community]. There's nothing flawed about it. The repo should be allowed
a fair amount of leeway in terms of what is included. This isn't [core]
or [extra] after all.

At this point I wouldn't agree with anything higher than a five vote
minimum.