[aur-general] TU Meeting
allan at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 30 20:20:29 EST 2008
Logs of the TU meetings (two due to day mixups....):
Allan's really brief summary:
- There was no agreement what the problem was or even if there is a problem
- There was no agreement for a solution to the "problem".
- bardo drunk too much wine and was having difficulty spelling.
A bit more detailed summary:
- There was some agreement that there appears to be a lot of packages
with low usage in [community]
- There was lots of disagreement about the validity various popularity
measures (pkgstats, AUR votes).
- No better method for assessing popularity was proposed
- Restricting entry to [community] based on "popular usage" was discussed
- A few do not like the idea of restricting TUs packages
- The definitions of "popular" are hotly debated
- A proposal for new rules for packages entering [community] will be
posted to the aur-general list for more discussion
- A separate proposal about removing low usage packages from [community]
will be made at a later date.
- It was proposed to add a safe flag on TUs packages in the AUR to
encourage TUs to leave packages out of community while still being
marked in a way as they are known to be good PKGBUILDs
- Improving the community backend to reduce server load is being discussed.
More information about the aur-general