[aur-general] AUR CleanUp Day v2

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:23:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM, DaNiMoTh <jjdanimoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/10/7 Ángel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This idea was originally sent in this thread:
>>
>> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-May/007539.html
>>
>> At the end, we didn't decide a final day, but the work was done, so I
>> propose another CleanUp Day following the model that we used the last time.
>>
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_CleanUp_Day --> here you can obtain
>> information and put suggestion, ideas, etc.
>>
>> What do you recommend to maintain a more efficient thread?, a post on the
>> forum ? and what do you suggest for the Day that we will do the clean.?.
>>
>> Opinions are open!.
>
> I know that isn't the right thread but.... What about another BugDay?
> IMHO it have an high priority than cleanupday

I think a bug day is a good idea indeed (preferebly on a Sunday as I
have most time on that day).

About a cleanup day, maybe it is a better idea to better inform the
users we have such a wikipage where packages can be added (and yes we
should actually better maintain that wikipage and pay more attention
to it). Maybe a sticky in the 'forum and aur discussion part of the
forum). That is just an idea though that comes to mind.

Ronald