[aur-general] TU Application

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 05:42:30 EDT 2008

Ángel Velásquez wrote:
> * Remove this (vim tag) # vim:set ts=2 sw=2 et: from your packages.

It doesn't hurt anything and it's included in
'/usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD.proto' so I believe it's preferable to leave
it as is. Unless, of course, there is a reason for removing it (e.g.
being obsolete).
> * gcompris, gnome-hearts, movic, xdotool: Maintainer tag is just for TUs
> (if this become a reality then you can change again to Maintainer, but
> consider to do this change to the next release)

What should I add myself as, when adopting a package, if not using the
Maintainer tag? "Contributor" maybe?
> * gnalert: license is an array, change license="GPL" by license=('GPL')

Fixed. :)
> Now let me ask few questions, what are your plans becoming a TU?
> Adopting orphaned packages in community?, move some AUR packages to
> community (which ones?), help developing/patching AUR?.

I certainly could help maintaining packages in [community] and thus
lowering the number of packages each TU has to look after. I intend to
bring a couple of my packages into [community] that I think are useful
and used by enough people. Namely, xdotool, gcompris and movic (the
latter when 2.0 gets released - which should be soon, according to its
website). Actively participating in discussions regarding the AUR and
possibly helping in its development, are two more areas I've considered
engaging in. Helping other people write better PKGBUILDs is highly on my
priority list as well.
> Btw you missed to point us to your AUR link or at least your nick in AUR
> (foutrelis), i guessed by your e-mail address ;).

Good point! Your guess is correct, I go by the alias "foutrelis" everywhere.
> Good luck!

Thanks. :)