[aur-general] TU Application

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:32:10 EDT 2008

> ts=2 sw=2

Some text editors have formatting configuration that unify editing from
within files, and this is how they work. For Vim, ts is tab space and sw is
shift width ( http://www.answers.com/topic/tab-stop ). Even Kate has
something similar. As such, everyone that opens the file with Vim for
reading/writing will have the same tab space and shift width. If you feel
"forced", think of it as a bonus rather than an annoyance since a tab space
of 2 is keeping it simple and unified.

I'm more interested as to why there's a contradiction between the above TU's
suggestion and the sample buildscripts (I'm sure they were updated fairly
recently). Is it a more recent cosmetic shift, then?

> Contributor: the person who wrote the first PKGBUILD for this package

Isn't it for any "maintainer" in _unsupported_ regardless of whether that
person is the submitter? These are trivial matters which a TU should know
about at the back of his/her head, but I'm just barging in to ask since
they've been brought up anyway.