[aur-general] namcap reports

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 06:14:42 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've created a web based report [1] from running namcap
on the [community] tree. The design is inspired by
lintian reports [2] (I am not much of a designer anyway :) )

There's a script which makes the namcap.log by traversing
the community tree, then another python script cooks it
up into HTML. Since namcap is quite verbose, I created
some tags corresponding to the namcap warnings/errors
(like: bad-backups => Backup entries should not have
preceeding slashes). The packages have been listed by the
namcap tag. Right now there's no view of what tags a
particular package has, but I plan to add it sometime
in the future. There's also an RSS feed for each tag.

[1]: http://abhidg.mine.nu/arch/namcap-reports
[2]: http://lintian.debian.org

--
Abhishek Dasgupta <http://abhidg.mine.nu>