[aur-general] Duplicate Package Names

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:26:53 EDT 2008

see http://www.archlinux.org/developers/

> It is true that for this case I am very temped to post a duplicate
> package on the AUR. My package needs the new version and I don't want
> to wait for the sky to fall over my head. It is probably the case for
> the other duplicate packages.

most of the time the miantainer is set in the PKGBUILD itstelf on the
first line. For clanlib however this won't bring you any further as
the maintainer mentioned there hasn't been active for some time now.
Either way, you can always contact one of the other devs if a package
is really lagging like this one and he can take care of it or forward
it to the other devs.

If it is just an easy rebuild I can take care of clanlib tomorrow, but
please stop this discussion here.

Ronald