[aur-general] Greetings - Ghost1227

Ghost ghost1227 at inbox.com
Wed Oct 22 21:37:47 EDT 2008

My name is Dan Griffiths and I am a 26-year-old independent contractor
in Delaware, US.

I have been using one form of *NIX or another for most of my life,
wandering through MINIX, RedHat, Mandrake, Slackware, Debian, Gentoo and
even two home made distros before finally finding Arch about a year ago.
I instantly fell in love with Arch and haven't looked back once.

I am currently maintaining 32 packages in the AUR, including one of my
own (co-written) scripts. I go by the name Ghost1227 on the bugtracker,
AUR, Wiki and on IRC.

Simply put, I'm eternally grateful for the work others have put into
making this such an incredible distribution and would now like to give
something back to that community.

I understand that at the moment there has been a bit of an influx of new
TUs and as such some of you may (understandable) want to wait a while
before adding anyone new to the list. As such, I thought I should
introduce myself and give you all a chance to get to know me and take a
look at my work without needing an immediate response. Take your time to
get comfortable with the new additions, and when you are ready (and I
have found a sponsor), I will still be waiting.

Thank you all for your indulgence in my little rant and I hope to see
you all around the community!

Dan Griffiths, aka Ghost1227