[aur-general] funny-manpages and asr-manpages

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 16:24:55 EDT 2008

Arkham wrote:
> By the way, these are my third and fourth PKGBUILDs. Could you please
> take a look at them and tell me if there are any mistakes? Thanks :)

They look very good. A couple of really minor issues is omitting to
append " || return 1" to the end of `patch' commands (this is necessary
for commands that are important to the build and might fail) and
utilizing mv/cp/mkdir instead of the more safe `install'. The latter may
be seen as a mainly cosmetic change, but can prevent permission problems
caused by non-standard umask setting.

Additionally, in case you don't know about it, "namcap" is a utility
that points out common mistakes found in packages and PKGBUILDs. It's
located in the [extra] repo.