[aur-general] Remove bad packages

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:35:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 04:38:58PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> Loui, I am confused with FS#8672 and FS#11141, please reply to my
> comment in the first one.
>
> Is it possible to re-use that wiki page for making an uptodate list of
> directories that should be removed :
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_CleanUp_Day#Remove_from_Filesystem_.28AUR_Bugs.29
>
> That is, send a mail to aur-general asking every user to add their
> broken packages to that list, and to remove them when it is fixed ?

Xavier, sorry for the late response.
I think this bug (8672) and 11187 are actually the same and I just
managed to find a separate bug which was preventing uploads of dependencies.
Removing directories would not have remedied the bug that was solved.

I'll close this and continue the line of investigation via 11187 since
there are more relevant details about the bug there.

I believe that the list of bad directories at
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_CleanUp_Day is still pretty relevant.

We can now automate removal of all files of packages that aren't in
the database. Since users can no longer delete packages, so there's
little chance of malicious adoption then deletion of packages.

I think using the wiki page to list bad directories is a great idea.

I've edited the bug report (11187) directing users to do that.