[aur-general] TU Application

Kessia 'even' Pinheiro kessiapinheiro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 10:48:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

    My name is Kessia Pinheiro (a.k.a even), I'm a 22 years old
finishing my computer scientist degree at Federal University of Bahia
in Salvador/Bahia/Brazil.
    I'm working now part-time on sysadmin stuff's (as treinee). I've
used Linux since 2004, with Slackware, but I had problems with many
things and decided switch to another distro. I tried many light
distros, but none was completed to me. So I discovered Arch in 2006
and I got involved with the brazilian community, helping people and
writting some docs [1].
    Me and my friends (hdoria and dsa) did a speech about ArchLinux in
FISL [2] this April in Porto Alegre/Brazil. Other contribution is the
pacupdate (developed with hdoria), a tray notifier for new updates for
pacman [3].

    Recently I'm interested in packaging for Arch, because some
applications I used aren't in the repositories. Before Arch, I
packaged a private .deb for my work, finally I sweat a lot and I
couldn't remember exactly what I did, but i did it. So, I discover the
Arch way to package and in few minutes my package was at AUR, I was so
happy! So, now my contributions with PKGBUILDs are 16 [4] and growing.
I'm packaging some stuff's that i have not found in repositories and
these are helpful for some people. I'm also adopting some to help the
number of orphans be lower.
    So, as a TU, my plans are help manage AUR and community repo, also
trying alert the contributors about problems with their PKGBUILDs,
because many packages are out of date for a long time or with
incomplete PKGBUILDs or incorrect. I want to help with some security
apps too (my major contribution was snort package, hdoria adopted it
in extra), helping to make more eyes at the security topic.
    My main machine is a Dell laptop and i am using Arch i686 (but
this laptop has an x86_64 architecture, so I'll install Arch64 this
week). I have an old machine at work, but normally I use the laptop
there too. My boyfriend also have the same laptop with Arch i686.

    In my free time I like stay with my boyfriend, play videogames,
listen music, read things are out of my degree course, viewing tv
series.
    Oh, the last thing, hdoria and angvp encouraged me to do this
proposal, in fact they fought for who will be my sponsor, but angvp
finally push more and he wins. However, hdoria is a friend of mine and
he will share the sponsor with angvp (to be fair and no one cry). =)
    Let's start the questions, I'm honored to answer. Thanks for your time!

To find me:
even @ irc.freenode.net
even [at] archlinux-br [dot] org

[1] http://even.archlinux-br.org/