[aur-general] TU Application

Paulo Matias matias at archlinux-br.org
Fri Sep 12 15:23:43 EDT 2008

Hi bardo,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:15 PM, bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> So this means that the two systems can't coexist... I can't say I like
> it (I may prefer to use a particular sound system for a certain
> feature the other one misses) but at the moment I don't think there
> are other solutions.

There are plans to make them coexist (namely the cuckoo driver), but
currently, yes, they can't coexist by now.

> We'll have to talk about that file (maybe in private, I'm hijacking
> the thread and it isn't nice), in particular about the removal of
> libflashsupport, which is also provided in libflashsupport-pulse, a
> package I've been wanting to move to [community] for a while.

You are right, I was already thinking about that. I will contact you
in private so we can think about a good solution. I was already
thinking about splitting libflashsupport in a separate package anyway,
because of the lib32-* dependency it would need to work in x86_64
architecture.

---

Hi Jeff,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Jeff Mickey <jeff at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:41, Paulo Matias <matias at archlinux-br.org> wrote:
>> Surely I will only add it to [community] if I get explicit permission
>> from the copyright holder (Tuomov), and if he confirms everything
>> complies with the trademark license. As I said, I don't want to
>> disrespect anyone's license.
>
> You are not disrespecting the license of Ion3, you are just ignoring
> the decision that has already been made.  Don't put ion3 in
> [community].  If a package is removed from [core]/[extra] because of a
> change in it's license, don't go putting it back in [community].

OK, sorry for misunderstanding, I thought the problem was only license-related.

---

Best regards,

Paulo Matias