[aur-general] pkgs with tetex dependency

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 09:26:41 EDT 2008

Hello all,

As you may have noticed, my texlive-* pkgs have disappeared from
community and brand new ones have replaced tetex in extra.

Here are community packages that depend on tetex:

        gri
        prosper
        lilypond
        texvc
        auctex
        python-pyx
        yfklog

Thanks for eventually fixing these!

Also, I just added tetex to unsupported, and the web interface tells me
that tetex is a dependency of the following pkgs (excluding the above):

    advi
    algorithmicx   *
    arabtex   *
    cjk-gbkfonts
    csindex
    dblatex
    eqe
    fig2ps
    foiltex
    fuzz
    gastex   *
    hlatex
    klatexformula
    kletterwizard
    latex-beamer   *
    latex-fitch
    lgrind
    athtex
    pdfjam
    pdfselect
    pidgin-latex
    svninfo   *
    tex-cases   *
    texlipse
    tex-unicode   *
    vlna   *
    wyneken
    xindy   *

NB: those with a star * are already provided by one of the texlive-*
pkgs in extra, and IMO should be deleted.

Question: should I move tetex to community? I would prefer not, since it
is REALLY outdated, but some users may prefer using it rather than the
bleeding-edge but quite larger combination texlive-core + texlive-bin.

Best,