[aur-general] FW: Re: pkg.tar.gz files in community cvs

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Sat Sep 20 11:39:17 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:26:39 +0200
Subject: Re: [aur-general] pkg.tar.gz files in community cvs
From: "stefan-husmann at t-online.de" <stefan-husmann at t-online.de>
To: "Allan McRae" <allan at archlinux.org>

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:55:58 +0200
From: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
To: "stefan-husmann at t-online.de" <stefan-husmann at t-online.de>,
"Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)"
<aur-general at archlinux.org>

stefan-husmann at t-online.de wrote:
> [...]

I cleaned up ex-vi.  As I am sure Angel pointed out to you already, you
only need to add the PKGBUILD, install file, Changelog and any patches
to cvs.  You do not need to add the package.

> BTW I could not upload a package for fotoxx (categor, getting an error
> message similar to this:
>
> failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs-community'
> (/var/lock/cvs/./#cvs.lock): Permission denied
> cvs remove: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> `/home/cvs-community'
> cvs [remove aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

My guess is both you and another TU tried commiting to cvs at the same
time.  Try uploading again.

Allan

Thank you, he pointed that out now. The error concerning fotoxx goes
somewhat deeper. I was not able to update it, I even got a similar
message if I try a 'cvs remove fotoxx-5.3-1.pkg.tar.gz'.

Sorry for all that. I added the sentences "Build files are files
necessary to build the package, not the package itself. Do not add any
*.pkg.tar.gz-files." to the Wiki, because this was the misleading part
of the
Wiki for me.

Stefan