[aur-general] What's goin on with Asterisk on Arch Linux?

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:16:38 EDT 2008

Hi everyone...
Today i decided to start creating the [1]OpenR2 package for Arch Linux.
OpenR2 is a library that implements the MFC/R2 telephony signaling protocol
over E1 lines. Along with the library, branches for Asterisk are provided
with MFC/R2 support in chan_zap.

Well done, as my first move i decided to check in AUR if someone else had
already thought about this package. The package isn't there. Great. So, I
decided to take a look at our repos and search for asterisk.

[kalib at tuxcaverna ~]$ sudo pacman -Ss asterisk
Senha:
[kalib at tuxcaverna ~]$

I realized that we don't have asterisk in our "pacman". I can't believe it.
Asterisk is such an important package. I saw it on AUR. How can we have the
package into our "regular" repos? Only if a TU addopt it?

Best regards

--
- °v° Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\ Usuário Linux Registrado #407564