[aur-general] First Package

Jaroslav Lichtblau tu at dragonlord.cz
Sun Apr 5 16:17:13 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 09:52:33PM +0200, Lucas Salies Brum wrote:
> Hello everyone, my name is Lucas Salies Brum, i live in Brazil and this is
> my first email to this list.

Hi Lucas!

> Use the Arch for a while, but only now decided to help the community, before
> submitting my first package to the AUR would eliminate some doubts.
>
> In line with that of the PKGBUILD:
> # $ Id: PKGBUILD, v 1.12 2003/11/06 08:26:13 Exp $ dorphell
>
> How to create it? cvs? It is mandatory?

This line is only present in PKGBUILDs which are in the repositories,
tracked by some versioning system. Not needed for AUR at all.

> To adopt an orphaned package, just download it to correct and re-send?

Yes, that is correct.

> I read various forums and wikis on the AUR, you have some additional tips
> for me?

Did you read the AUR_User_Guidelines wiki page? There, you should find
everything about submitting packages to AUR.

> Thank you very much.
>
> P.S.: Sorry for bad english.

No problem, mine is not that much better :)

Cheers
Jaroslav

--
Wenn wir bedenken, daß wir alle verrückt sind, ist das Leben erklärt.
		-- Mark Twain (eigl. Samuel Langhorne Clemens)