[aur-general] Submitting a new package (sunjdk)

xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Apr 5 17:45:03 EDT 2009

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 23:04:47 +0200
M Rawash <mrawash at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, i made a PKGBUILD that comprises both sun's jdk+jre (nothing weird),
> however, i'm not sure if that's OK with aur, so i thought i'd ask
> first..
>
> tell me if you need more details..
>
> regards
> M Rawash

Hi,

Both of those packages (jdk and jre) are already in the community repo. In general you shouldn't upload packages to the AUR that already exist in core/extra/community (I think developmental versions and other variations are permitted as long as they're properly named).

Could you explain why you've created such a package? If you're trying to achieve something specific then perhaps someone on the list can offer some suggestions of how to proceed.

Regards,
Xyne