[aur-general] Maintainer vs Contributor tag let's find a solution ; )

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Mon Apr 6 00:47:35 EDT 2009

2009/4/6 José Valecillos <valecillosjg at gmail.com>:
> Then you must add all the past Contributors, even if they are 10 or 100?. On
> the other hand, in the web interface or when you install the package it
> don't show anything about the contributor, this should be there I think,
> dont' you?. I mean, you only can know who is the contributor if you open the
> PKBUILD directly.
>
> However, there are things more importants to discuss. This is really
> irrelevant if you think about it.

Excuse me, And who are you to call the things irrelevant?, if is
irrelevant for you, then don't reply and it's enough.

The fact is that we will take the last discussion were several people
agreed to use the Maintainer tag for the current maintainer of the
PKGBUILD and past maintainers or the original contributors will be on
the contributor tag (even if there are many contributors).

So this thread at least was useful to remember the way to handle these
tags. (at least for me, and to remember to several people who delete
past maintainers).

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net