[aur-general] How to handle interchangeable dependencies?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Mon Apr 6 06:37:20 EDT 2009

Hi there.
I'm looking for a clean way to handle packages that can replace others.
Examples:
lash can be substituted by lash-git, it works fine, except namcap
complains:

hydrogen-svn E: Dependency detected and not included (lash-git) from
files ['usr/bin/hydrogen']
hydrogen-svn W: Dependency included and not needed (lash)

Adding 'lash' or 'lash=0.6.0' to the provides array of lash-git doesn't
help.
I have the same situation with for example jack-audio-connection-kit
where we have quite a number of different packages that all provide the
same basic functionality and are interchangeable.

Note that it mostly works with provides, it just isn't clean and there
are cases where it can break stuff.
Is there a solution to this?

Best regards,
Philipp