[aur-general] How to handle interchangeable dependencies?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Mon Apr 6 08:22:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:46:48 +1000
Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Laurie Clark-Michalek wrote:
> > I disagree. This same thing happens to me with my package
> > "brasero-lite". It is brasero but without the gnome dependencies,
> > and has the provides=('brasero'), but when I try and install a
> > package that has brasero as a dependencie, such as sound-juicer,
> > pacman attempts to install brasero, not realising that i allready
> > have brasero-lite. This isn't a sound juicer fault, it is a fault
> > in pacman.
>
> That is a different problem....
>
> The brasero-lite PKGBUILD should have provides=("brasero=2.26.0") in
> it.  Sound-juicer requires "brasero>=2.26.0" so just providing
> brasero is not enough.
>
> Allan

I believe this doesn't work either and the problems are at least
related.
Concrete example:
lash-git: provides=('lash=0.6.0')
calf-git: depends=('fluidsynth' 'libglade' 'lash>=0.6.0')

namcap calf-git-20090406-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
calf-git   E: Dependency detected and not included (lash-git) from
files ['usr/bin/calfjackhost']
calf-git   W: Dependency included and not needed (lash)

Best regards,
Philipp