[aur-general] Submitting a new package (sunjdk)

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Mon Apr 6 12:31:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Lucas Salies Brum <lucas at archlinux.com.br> wrote:
>
>> IMHO, maintain this package on AUR is waste of time.
>>
>> Sorry.
>> ---
>> Lucas Saliés Brum
>
> I don't understand this reasoning (which several people have expressed). If he thinks it's worth maintaining and its his time, what difference does it make to anyone else? No one else has to maintain it and the only thing that could happen is that someone who wants that package will find it and use it.
>
> Xyne

Duplicate PKGBUILD will fill the AUR of many garbabe that will be
orphan later.. Frankly, the majority of the orphan and out-of-date
PKGBUILD on AUR are versions of things duplicated :/

I think this should be deleted and no matter what, and it's the
opinion of the majority so, why is there yet?

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net