[aur-general] First Package

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Tue Apr 7 13:06:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:36:05 +0200
Cilyan Olowen <gaknar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Many distributions does not use gcc-4.3 at the moment and so some
> developers does not want to patch right now. At least, that was what I
> have been said for supertux2.

Hmm, so far every dev I talked do was quite glad to hear about it and
fixed it. I don't think those changes actually break compilation with
older gcc versions, mostly the newer ones are just stricter.

Also, distributions that ship old software ship old software, so it
takes ages until they get the new version anyway.

But oh well, if they don't want it..