[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:49:41 EDT 2009

2009/4/9 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com>:
> How is the filesize of the REPO.db? CMB was reporting that community
> was taking up more than 75mb with his version. Regardless of how the
> sqlite features would be implemented, I will also keep the flat file
> version available, and configurable. How are the searching and
> updating speeds compared to before?

Filesizes:
core.db 2.1M (440K)
extra.db 42M (7.2M)
community.db 39M(5.7M)

Filesizes in brackets are after gzip -9.

Searching (after)
$ time pkgfile search getmail
getmail	usr/bin/getmail

real	0m4.458s
user	0m2.816s
sys	0m0.297s

Searching (before)
extra/getmail

real	0m12.403s
user	0m0.450s
sys	0m1.380s

Updating speed is slower than previous since the previous method
just extracted the files. However incremental update finishes within 5 mins.

--
Abhishek