[aur-general] Out of date orphaned packages in community

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 10 15:35:24 EDT 2009

2009/4/10 Laurie Clark-Michalek <bluepeppers at archlinux.us>:
> What is the current policy for out date packages in the community
> repo. Iirc there were ten or so such packages that fall into this
> zone. Now while this isnt many, there packages have no hope of being
> updated, unless a kindly TU takes pity on them. Could they please be
> moved back to the aur where they can be updated and them moved back
> into community once that has happened and the PKGBUILD is at it's
> former high quality.

Give to these packages another pair of days, I guess the new two (and
soon, three) TUs will adopt all orphaned packages in community [1] or
the out-of-date first[2], then we can move the packages in
unsupported.

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=&do_Orphans=Orphans&detail=1&L=3&C=0&SeB=nd&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25
[2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=&do_Orphans=Orphans&detail=1&L=3&C=0&SeB=nd&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25&outdated=on

--