[aur-general] Watch list

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Apr 12 03:37:17 EDT 2009

Ashok Gautham <scriptdevil.arch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can AUR have something like a watch list. It would be useful.
>
>  I find that at times I forget that I flagged a package out of date. After a
> long time, I finally remember it and then go and check it out again.
> Instead, if we had something like "My watchlist", I would know which
> packages I am watching/monitoring for activity/inactivity
>

> ---
> Ashok `ScriptDevil` Gautham

You could write a script to parse the output from
http://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=search&arg=<pkg>

That includes whether <pkg> is outdated, the number of votes, version
number, etc. If you want comments then I think you need to scrape the
web page.

If you just want to know when a new version of an AUR package is out,
you could use paconky.

Xyne