[aur-general] Questions from a new TU

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Apr 12 04:21:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

Just let me know if there is a more appropriate place for this and
sorry for all eventual noobishness.

1) Why are the "x86_64" and "i686" tags stripped out of package names?

Wouldn't it make more sense to use these tags to determine the port
when uploading binary packages to community? This would also be useful
for uploading "any" packages (which I suppose need to be uploaded
twice).

2) How can I upload both x86_64 and i686 packages from the same
machine? When trying to upload an i686 package with communitypkg, it
complains that it couldn't find the x86_64 package. I did change the
port of tupkg but I didn't try it without communitypkg.

3) Is there any way to avoid re-uploading a package when changing the
PKGBUILD if the changes have no effect on the built package (e.g.
appending packages to the depends array)?

Thanks,

Xyne