[aur-general] When does a package need -svn?

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Sun Apr 26 16:56:14 EDT 2009

Le Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:18:33 +0200,
Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> a écrit :

> My interpretation of b is that you don't actually have to host the
> files but you must be able to supply the sources upon request. As the
> PKGBUILD is readily available and is able to retrieve the source files,
> that condition is met.

It is not. If you want to use b), you have to:
- state it explicitely ;
- keep a copy of the sources of every version you distribute in binary form for 3 years in case it is no longer available at its original location.

I don't think it is a good thing, but that's what the GPL says. That's one of the reasons why I avoid its use when I can...

--
catwell