[aur-general] Out-of-date community packages

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:46:03 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Biru Ionut<biru.ionut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>
>> Hi TU,
>>
>> Since the community repo has been moved to the main web site, you are
>> no longer receiving out-of-date notifications as they are being listed
>> as orphans. We are currently working on finishing the setup, accounts,
>> etc. Meanwhile, here's a list of recently flagged packages (there
>> might be core/extra packages as I didn't bothered filtering the list):
>>

>> [gnote]

It was updated after it was flagged. I haven't checked if the packages
have been updated or not before sending the list.

>> [virtualbox-additions]
>> [virtualbox-modules]
>> [virtualbox-ose]
>> [virtualbox-ose-additions]
>> [virtualbox-ose-additions-modules]

It looks like a user abused the flag out-of-date functionnality:

"The user provided the following additional text:

Neither the name nor description reveal what purpose this package has.

Should not a description be descriptive enough on ArchLinux packages?

kernel modules for what? Linux? which one?"

All virtualbox packages had a similar message.  BTW, I have all the
users' messages when they flag a package. If you don't understand why
a package was flagged, ask me and I'll check.