[aur-general] Moving from AUR to community

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Aug 9 13:08:24 EDT 2009

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 18:36:43 +0200
Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:

> Xyne schrieb:
> > What's the recommended procedure for moving packages from the AUR into
> > [community]?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > Xyne
> >
> Hello,
>
> if the package has more than 10 votes or more than 1% usage in pkgstats,
> you can just do it. It would be nice to leave some friendly words on the
> AUR comment-page or in a private mail to the maintainer.
>
> If the package has less than 10 votes and less than 1% usage in pkgstats,
> you can ask on this list. You will need 3 TU's affirmation to move it.
>
> For the technical side refer to
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:HOWTO_Be_A_Packager
>
> and
>
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-July/005928.html
>
> Best Regards Stefan.

Thanks for the reply. I don't thinkl I was clear enough in my question
though. I'm already familiar with the info that you posted. What I
specifically want to know is how to convert an AUR pkg into a community
pkg so that the data on the AUR page is still connected to the package.
For example, Nexuiz is in community and its AUR page shows this. It
still has all of its votes associated with it.

I've moved powerpill and the underlying perl libs into community using
the commands given on the HOWTO_Be_A_Packager page, but the AUR pages
is not associated with it in any way. I do not want to delete the old
AUR package if I can avoid it as I would prefer to keep a record of the
votes.

Maybe a better way to ask the question is how do I change the location
of a package on the AUR from "unsupported" to "community" and have it
associated with the svn package.

Is this still possible?

Xyne