[aur-general] TU dashboard accounts

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Mon Aug 10 15:47:35 EDT 2009

Le Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:07:24 -0500,
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> a écrit :

> We looked into that, but that's not much better than a self signed
> cert. We discussed this at length among the devs, and already made a
> decision. We're well aware of all the options :)

It is also not easy to get a certificate from CACert for anything else than an individual, but it can be done.

Anyway, I am a CACert assurer (who doesn't have many points yet, but still...) and I know a few others so if you happen to need a certificate you can I can try to help.

I also agree with Aaron: a self-signed certificate is good enough if the application is to be used by a few identified people only. If they want to check the authenticity of the certificate they just need to ask somebody else to send them the original...

--
catwell