[aur-general] Please delete AUR package "protobuf2"

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Tue Aug 25 21:06:19 EDT 2009

Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm requesting that AUR package "protobuf2" be deleted because it is an
> updated version of "protobuf" in [community] with no added benefit.
> On a related note, the "protobuf" [community] package is without a
> maintainer, yet it would be very easy to maintain and update, any takers?
>
> -- Sven-Hendrik

Unless I'm misreading something, you're incorrect... The version in
[community] is at 2.0.3, while the version in AUR is 2.2.0.... Since
their website lists 2.2.0 as the current stable version I'm inclined to
leave the version in AUR alone. On the issue of the version in
[community], it's possible that Geoffroy simply hasn't re-adopted it
since the recent transition. However, if he doesn't wish to maintain it
any further, I'll be happy to adopt it.