[aur-general] Chromium builds and runs on Pentium-m, but not on Desktop (Athlon 2800+)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 02:03:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Bernard Mentink<bmentink at gmail.com> wrote:

> Small point, can you specify the steps on how to edit the code and re-build
> the package? I take it that there is another way to download/edit/build
> rather than
> the automated "makepkg"

The problem is not makepkg itself, it's the PKGBUILDs who use
pre-compiled tarballs instead of compiling source code.
But maybe there is no way to do that for chromium, or it is overly
complex? I don't know, but I couldn't find any PKGBUILD using the
source.

But as I said before, I read in the comments of the tickets that the
packages on http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily should work
without sse2 now.