[aur-general] AUR package updating enhancements

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:53:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM, vlad<vla at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 03:45:56PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
>> Besides, with the existing AUR helpers
>> [http://www.archlinux.it/wiki/index.php?title=AUR_Helpers] , it should
>> make all this very easy :
>> - download / extract current package
>> - edit pkgbuild
>> - run makepkg and namcap
>> - makepkg --source and upload
>>
>> you could even automate all these steps easily I think.
>
> yes, try pkgman: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17100
> it does this all!
> oh, i have to add it to the wiki...

good to know :) it would indeed be nice to have it in the wiki

btw, the link I gave is completely wrong and broken, sorry for that.
it should have been :
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Helpers

(for some reason, looking for "archwiki aur tools" with google french
only returns the bad link on the first page, and the good link is
nowhere to be found. but it is probably a bad idea to use google in
the first place for this kind of search)