[aur-general] Chromium builds and runs on Pentium-m, but not on Desktop (Athlon 2800+)

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 22:26:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:10 PM, pascal<lepascalou at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I have libjpeg installed just fine in pacman. It seems that chromium
> >> can not find the lib, maybe it is looking in a different place?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Bernie
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > If your system is up to date, the libjpeg that pacman installs is the
> > libjpeg.7-1, you can obtain libjpeg.so.62 by installing libjpeg6 from
> > aur http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=28427
> >

> this other chromium package correctly depends on libjpeg6 :
> but the source link seems dead as well and needs to be updated

Hi, I tried getting libjpeg6 from AUR, but the website referenced in the
package is also dead.

The site is:  ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz

There doesn't seem to be anything on that site and it is veeeeeery slow.

Anyone have a link to where I can get this lib from so that the latest
Chromium will run.

Thanks,
Bernie

PS: Why doesn't chrome us the version 7 of libjpeg anyway ...