[aur-general] TU Application: Ray Rashif (schivmeister)

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 18:52:37 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 18:46, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
>  that's exactly what I did and I even picked on a
> certain user going by the handle of "Daenyth".
lol wut. I honestly have no memory of this :P

> So on to some questions of my own:
>
> 1) I remember we used to tell each other that we don't need to state
> dependencies from [core] in AUR, how true is this? Are we looking at just
> the base group or is it totally a matter of consistency?
It's never heard anyone say that core isn't required to list. For
depends you don't need to list base. and for makedepends you don't
need to list base or base-devel.

> 2) How are cross-repository buildtime and optional dependencies handled? For
> example, can we have a package in [extra] makedepend and/or optdepend on
> another in [community]?
Optdepend maybe, makedepend is highly discouraged or disallowed,
strict depend is off limits.

> 3) Unfortunately, it is time for a nice facepalm. I don't do x86_64. So do I
> get access to the build machine in the event this application is accepted?
There isn't one right now. Ask in the IRC channel and someone will get
to it before long.

> I would greatly appreciate any and all kinds of feedback with regards to my
> packages. Even if a quorum is not reached, I put a very high value on advice
> and opinion (!). Thank you for reading.

Good luck