[aur-general] binary uzbl package(s)?

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Sat Dec 5 12:01:40 EST 2009

Dieter Plaetinck schrieb:
> On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:40:05 +0200
> Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
>

>> i'll move uzbl-git in community. does anyone have any objection?
>>
>> do you do tarball releases for stable version?
>
> we provide tarballs for each release. i would keep the git packages
> in AUR and put binary packages in official repo's.
>
> Dieter

Hello,

I think more important than the form the sources are hosted (git or tarball)
is if the program is to be considered stable. To me a program is stable if
new versions do only deliver bug fixes and minor improvements. I think this
is the case here. So I would prefer to use the PKGBUILD in AUR over a
to-be-written PKGBUILD for some tarball version, also because the former
is the one which has 427 votes.

BTW, interesting project. I personally prefer conkeror, but uzbl has an
promissing concept.

Regards stefan