[aur-general] Status of the Chromium/Chrome packages on AUR

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Dec 9 02:38:18 EST 2009

Am Mittwoch 09 Dezember 2009 08:24:28 schrieb Gergely Imreh:
> > Doesn't anybody build a "real" package out of chromium yet? I might have
> > a look otherwise. I think it's stable/usable enough to be put in a repo.
> > (I know they don't release source tarballs, but it should be no really
> > big deal to create them)
>
> The chormium-browser-svn works pretty fine for me these days (rebuilding
> the current one right now). Haven't tried the others, though. I can see,
> though, how people might not want to be this much on the bleeding edge...

Well, the svn package is of course the best of the PKGBUILDs you can find in
AUR. Though it cannot be used to build a package for the [extra] repo.

The chromium browser is really becoming a usable browser and there is quite a
high demand on having this in a repo.

So, if there are no objections I'll see if it can be packaged "the Arch way"
(none of the packages in AUR are compatible with that right now) and I'll then
discuss a possible inclusion with the others devs.

Pierre