[aur-general] Community and the AUR (Was: Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos)

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:44:23 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:36, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, I think a bug report link, and changing "comment" to
>> "discussion" would make a big impact here (at least for english).
>> Additional "contact the maintainer" links may work, as long as they're
>> not just mailto links... and people know it's not the place for bug
>> reports
>>

> Sounds sane to me. +1

Another thread reminded me of another reason to remove the community
repo from AUR. The AUR doesn't have multi-architecture support so
packages that are only in the  x86_64 community repo (like lib32-*
stuff) are not displayed on AUR. Unless someone want to fix this, we
might as well removing community from AUR.  This way we will fix that
long standing problem once for all.