[aur-general] Weird behaviour of the sergej entity

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:01:14 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vesa Kaihlavirta wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Just noticed that xmobar, which I uploaded on 2009/01/18 to community
>> (with all the other ghc-6.10 updates) was just recently adopted by

> I believe that when a package is moved to [community], it's automatically
> orphaned in AUR. Call this a bug if you wish (there could be a technical
> reason behind this behavior), but the thing is that you need to adopt it
> once it has been moved.

Yes, I considered that probable as well. Then again, I remember
explicitly adopting xmobar myself after uploading it... then again
again, I'm not known for my great memory.

Nevertheless, why adopt a package that wasn't out-of-date without
doing anything to it? Especially when you already have more than 700?

--vk