[aur-general] DomainU don't seem to boot with xen 3.3.1-1

anouar_mbox-web at yahoo.fr anouar_mbox-web at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 19 09:19:16 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I upgraded my Arch install with the latest release and then installed Xen 3.3.1-1 on it.

I booted successfully the Domain0

I wanted to install/test a new ArchLinux system as DomainU so I created a new DomainU (named arch-test) with the these settings :
"
#  -*- mode: python; -*-
#============================================================================

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-1-xenU"
memory = 256
name = "Arch-Test"
disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/arch-test/arch-test.img,hda1,w',
         'file:/home/xen/arch-test/arch-test-swap,hda2,w'
       ]
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
"

When I enter : "xm create -c arch-test" on a xterm
I get :
  1- some messages from Python indicating there is some depreciated module (sha)
  2- a new Qemu window (black background)
  3- nothing else
  4- after about 1 min the Qemu window disappear and I get a message error about vif

I googled 2 days about this problem without any result.

My question is :
- Is my DomainU boots ? how I can see it ?
- I tried to boot from an iso (xen option : boot='d') but this doesn't work at all... may be the same problem ?

I will be glade to answer your questions.

Regards