[aur-general] Problems with PKGBUILD (Also, request for package deletion)

Smartboy smartboyathome at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 21:47:18 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Smartboy <smartboyathome at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Are you sure it's not just your browser's cache showing you the older
>>> version? I'm currently seeing easy-e17 1.2.2-3.
>>>

>> You're right, sorry. [?]
>>

>>>  Also, I am requesting the make-e17 script be removed. It does basically
>>>>

>>> I can't find any packages named "make-e17". Unless another TU has deleted
>>> it already, could you post a link to the package you want removed?
>>>
>> It is make_e17, not make-e17, sorry. :-\
>>
>> Smartboy
>>

> I don't mind too much, but I don't really see the use of the script. IMO it
> would be much better to have a script around which uses the ABS PKGBUILDs
> and alternatively some AUR ones which are not in [community].
>
> I have one laying around which builds the community package, and there is
> one other on the forums IIRC. With a bit of work we could create a much more
> usefull arch e17 script. These are just some thoughts so do with it whatever
> you want :P
>
> Ronald

I created the script on the forum which tries to get it from SVN using the
PKGBUILDs you made, but there were too many problems with it. One was that,
since there really is no "easy" way besides using yaourt-git to get
community PKGBUILDs, and yaourt-git has many bugs with the -G function
(like, when I try to get eina-svn, it gets eina instead). I tried fixing
this, but I would have to have people download PKGBUILDs from my post, which
is not what a script should require.