[aur-general] Proposal: package's votes

Aaron Schaefer aaron at elasticdog.com
Mon Jan 5 10:13:02 EST 2009

> I don't believe that this is a good idea. People's votes go towards a
> package and not a specific version of it. I highly doubt that anyone (myself
> included) would bother to vote after each package upgrade.

Also votes are not meant to specifically reflect usage, just interest.
The votes do not mean that the person uses that particular software,
nor does it mean they think the PKGBUILD itself is of high quality,
etc. Resetting the number for each version doesn't make sense for the
purposes of tracking usage since that's not really what the votes are
for in the first place.

Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer