[aur-general] PulseAudio doesn't work after update to 0.9.14

Thomas Jost thomas.jost at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:47:01 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Jeff Cook <cookiecaper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> After recent update to 0.9.14, PulseAudio no longer allows clients to
> connect. The server appears to be running properly. On startup, it
> outputs to both console and messages.log:
>
> Jan 21 15:47:37 arch pulseaudio[13203]: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to
> find original dlopen loader.
> Jan 21 15:47:37 arch pulseaudio[13203]: main.c: Running in system
> mode, but --disallow-exit not set!
> Jan 21 15:47:37 arch pulseaudio[13203]: main.c: Running in system
> mode, but --disallow-module-loading not set!
> Jan 21 15:47:37 arch pulseaudio[13203]: main.c: Running in system
> mode, forcibly disabling SHM mode!
> Jan 21 15:47:37 arch pulseaudio[13203]: main.c: Running in system
> mode, forcibly disabling exit idle time!
>
> It's done this before without significant problems, but a couple of
> those messages are new.
>
> The error presented by pavucontrol and alsamixer is Connection failed:
> Connection refused.
>
> Please let me know if anything not appended is pertinent.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Signed
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have the very same messages when running PulseAudio, yet all my apps are
working correctly.

Could you try to run "pulseaudio --system -vvv" and post its output here?
Especially the part that is displayed after pavucontrol or any other app
failed to connect to the Pulse server. It would maybe explain why the
connection is refused.

If there is something about an invalid cookie, you should try to replace
your ~/.pulse-cookie by /var/run/pulse/.pulse-cookie and run "pax11publish
-e" to update the PulseAudio data in your X server.

Thomas