[aur-general] Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 22 22:51:40 EST 2009

Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi TUs,
>
> Time to vote on this.   Discussion period thread can be viewed here:
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-January/003477.html

And the vote is over.  23 yes, 2 no, 2 abstain.  So the motion is passed.

Some of the technical details on how this should be dealt with have been
addressed on the wiki page:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Community_move_to_devtools#Technical_steps_for_the_transition

I can handle the ABS changes (which will be very minor). If someone else
has time to do the devtools/db-scripts changes (again, should be
reasonably small) then go for it, otherwise I can probably do this too.

As far as the web changes go, I suggest the relevant AUR developers talk
to the people who do the Arch site work and sort this out.

And the server admins will need to deal with figuring out account
creation, access permissions, etc...

Allan